An effective CPAP therapy ensures that a person (suffering from sleep apnea) sleeps peacefully and wake up more energized and focused. But some people find it a little difficult to get used to the Sleep Apnea Machine as either they are not comfortable wearing the mask or never able to find a comfortable sleep position.
If you are also tackling the same problems, then we are here to help you out. To aid you to overcome these situations, we are sharing the best tips and tricks that you can follow to get a more comfortable CPAP Sleep:
- Wear Mask during day time: Wearing a CPAP mask just before bedtime can be a little annoying, so wear it during the day or in your free time to get habitual to it. Also make sure that every time you sleep, you are using the mask. The more you get used to wearing it, the sooner you’ll be lost in your dreams.
- Prepare Your Mind: It is very important for you to convince your mind to believe in what you’re doing is for the best. Using CPAP therapy will help you to get rid of the sleep apnea symptoms and make you feel refresh all day long.
- Adjustments: If you are waking up with red marks all around your nose and mouth or find difficulty in keeping the mask in place during sleep, then make some adjustments to ensure that the mask is neither too loose nor too tight. You can also reach to a medical professional to get your mask properly fitted.
- Use AutoRamp on your Sleep Apnea Machine: The AutoRamp setting will allow you to adjust the air pressure. You can set a low pressure when you’re trying to fall asleep and the pressure will automatically increase after you’re asleep. Now, you can fall asleep easily as well as comfortably.
- In case of dry throat, use a CPAP Humidifier: While receiving the CPAP therapy, it is very important to keep your nose and throat moist. A CPAP humidifier will add moisture to the pressurized air and provide the perfect amount of humidity for your body that will result in a better sleeping experience.
- Get the right kind of pillow: There are pillows in the market which are accurately shaped and designed to support your CPAP therapy and help you to get uninterrupted sleep.
- Maintain Equipment Hygiene: Clean the CPAP mask, tubes, humidifier, and other equipment regularly as per the instructions provided. This will help you to use the machine in a more comfortable way.
- Avoid taking naps during the day: In order to fall asleep easily, stop taking naps during the day time or at least stay awake within three hours of going to bed for the night. The more tired you will be, the more easily you will fall asleep.
- Wear Gloves: If you have developed the habit of pulling off your CPAP mask in the middle of the night, then start wearing gloves with bad or no grip. The gloves will help prevent you from pulling off your mask while you are asleep. Once you train yourself for a week, then you can stop wearing them.
Now you are all set to use your CPAP machine with ease and get effective treatment for sleep apnea to improve the quality of your sleep. Good sleep plays an important role in keeping you in good health throughout your life. There are many providers of CPAP Machine in Delhi from where you get yourself one at an affordable price.