It is no secret that a sound and peaceful sleep is a very important key to a healthy lifestyle. Lack of sleep can be the gateway to many other problems in our body. Therefore it must be assured at all times that no one is deprived of their basic sleeping routine and if there are any disorders that lead to the deprivation of sleep then it’s very essential that the right measures are taken to avoid it.
Sleep Apnea is a serious sleeping disorder in which the breathing process repeatedly stops and starts. If you have started to snore loudly and even after a full night’s sleep feel tired instead of refreshed chances are you are suffering from this problem. This problem can be of three types:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: this occurs when the throat muscles relax, it is also one of the most common forms of apnea.
- Central Sleep Apnea: this is caused when the brain does not send the right signals to the muscle that control breathing.
- Complex Sleep Apnea syndrome: this is a combination of both obstructive sleep apnea and central sleep apnea, and is also common as the treatment-emergent central sleep apnea.
It goes without saying that the right help and treatment is very important to ensure that a person gets rid of not just the sleeping disorders but also the various other problems that come with it. Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) is one of the most effective ways to cure OSAS and its use has many benefits which can significantly reduce the impact of this major problem. The CPAP process consists of a nasal or full face mask which is connected via a tube to a device which blows the air into the airway to restore normal breathing and maintain regular and healthy patterns during the sleeping time.
You can avail some of the best and the most effective Sleep Apnea treatment . You need to get it in your prescription, after which, with the help of an expert health adviser, the CPAP device is installed in your house who not only plays a key role in providing adherence to therapy but also educates the patient about the treatment.
Every ailment comes with a set of other ailments which further increases the problems in our body. Therefore it is extremely essential that we try our best to eliminate the problem before it becomes severe and unmanageable. Some of the major disadvantages of sleep apnea are:
- The disturbed sleep and repeated awakening is bound to result in fatigue, irritability and a feeling of tiredness all day long. It can also lead to various other problems affecting your concentration, motor skills, efficiency at workplace, etc. people suffering from these problems have also been found to be short-tempered, moody and depressed.
- Sleep apnea causes sudden drops in blood oxygen levels resulting in increased blood pressure and exhausting the cardiovascular system. This automatically makes you prone to heart attacks, strokes and abnormal heartbeats which in extreme cases and even led to deaths.
- Any problem that disturbs your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, high blood sugar and increases waist circumference is naturally linked to higher risks for not just the heart but also other parts of your body.
- Other than the many health problems, sleep apnea disorder can also play havoc with your personal life. if you are snoring loudly and are suffering from disturbed patterns of sleeping every night, then there is no way that your partner can have a peaceful sleep themselves, this disorder is bound to disturb them as well.
There are many factors that can contribute to this sleeping disorder. Some of the most common ones include excess weight, neck circumference, being male, family history, smoking, nasal congestion, etc.
With the effective and timely use of the CPAP machine, you can effectively save yourself from sleep disorders and also from the various other problems that are a part of this package. There is no point in stretching your suffering and that of your partner when remedies are easily available. Consult your doctor and make sure that you are getting a device that is the best fit for you. There is no doubt in the fact that within a short span of time, the CPAP machine is sure to change and improve the quality of your sleep and life.